Thursday, January 21, 2010

RIP Air America

I've just read that Air America will be closing down and filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which means that they will be going away, at the young age of almost six years. They lasted a lot longer than the right wing expected them to do. Unfortunately, most of the programs that were any good had moved to other networks; the best programs still survive.
I'm not sure what I'll do with this site. I have more or less neglected it over the past three or four years, as I retired from my day job and went to work in my own business, and was distracted from listening to Air America by spending too much time working and watching my progressive politics on Television. Lately it's only been Ring of Fire once in awhile or the Ron Reagan show, or listening to my local affiliate while working in the yard. Since most of the programs I listened to in the past have moved to other networks, and are still on my local affiliate, I'll probably continue to listen to them; missing the extra stream from AAR.
I suspect what I will do is rebuild the AAL page with links to the remaining progressive programs and streams, and then probably not put much maintenance into the site. Not really much of change.
In the meantime, I still occasionally blog on Dailykos as earwicker23, and have an aromatherapy blog at http://www.aromaconnection.org and you can find me on Facebook and Twitter.

RIP Air America

No comments: