Friday, April 22, 2005

Cincinnati Black Blog: The Whitening Of Air America

Cincinnati Black Blog: The Whitening Of Air America

This article was previously linked from here in its incarnation in Counterpunch. If you've got comments, you may want to go to this blog and put them there, since they probably get more readers than I do here.

Out here in the west, they didn't take away Unfiltered to put on Jerry Springer--they took it away to move Morning Sedition to the morning drivetime slot. Which is OK with me. I've listened to Jerry a few time on XM Radio, but he doesn't turn me on. I prefer the Marks. However, I think what I'm going to start doing is podding Rachel's new program and listening to it in the car on the way to work. Certainly that's what I'll do if they put Springer in that slot like they are doing in San Francisco.

Of course, first I have to get an Ipod.

Update: I guess I didn't previously link to the article in Counterpunch. See above for the link. Let's face it--this is intended as a Pro-Air-America-Radio Blog. But a healthy discussion of the issues is not necessarily bad for Air America. I will probably ignore the absolute Freeper stuff out there, or characterize it as the backlash that it is. More Black participation in Air America (and the progressive movent as a whole) would certainly not be a bad thing.

No comments: